THE ENGAGEMENT GUIDE
0.He’s really hoping you casually leave a ring around that fits your left ring finger perfectly.
49. Don’t wear a fedora at your wedding.
48. Don’t hire a DJ that thinks people still want to do “the chicken dance.”
47. Rings hidden in champagne flutes are a guaranteed choking hazard.
46. If your jeweler doesn’t ask him if you have a pintrest board of rings, they’re doing it wrong.
45. Stick to traditional suit colors—no camo.
44. “Fiancée” is pronounced like “Beyoncé.”
43. Remember to change your Bitmoji’s outfit on your wedding day.
42. You know it’s meant to be when he shares his Amazon Prime password.
41. Open bar is reception priority #1.
40. Priority #2 is to keep grandma away from it.
39. If he made you a mixtape in 2009 PLAY IT.
38. Always consult her besties first.
37. There is no hashtag limit on engagement announcements.
36. Marriage is #NoFilter.
35. It’s not official until it’s Facebook official.
34. Don’t tell Grandma you met on Tinder.
33. Don’t tape the ring in a card then walk in the other room because you’re too nervous.
32. You don’t NEED a candid of him getting down on one knee..
31. But if you do, hire a photographer so she can post it on Instagram.
30. It’s okay if your engagement lasts longer than your student loan payment.
29. Love stories trump Snap stories any day.
28. Check her Pinterest board before you make the big purchase.
27. Let someone else live-Tweet your wedding.
26. If it’s not on Snapchat, it didn’t happen.
25. The weddings Snapchat filter is more important than the flower arrangements.
24. Swipe right for marriage.
23. Don’t propose in the DM.
22. Don’t forget to tag your jeweler in your engagement shots .
21. There is no judgment allowed regarding the number of posts made during the engagement.
20. Wedding planning is a team sport, no matter how bossy the fiancée.
19. Be nice to your bridesmaids. But if they hate your dress, all bets are off.
18. Double up on deodorant before you pop the question.
17. Tell her that no, she shouldn’t lose weight for the wedding. Support her when she ignores you.
16. Don’t act like you’re better than your friends just because you got engaged first, even though you definitely are.
15. Repeat the following ten times a day: “My mother means well.”
14. Tell your parents BEFORE blasting it online.
13. Do not let your friends “try it on.”
12. Kiss like a movie poster.
11. Take off your damn hat.
10. She’s been dieting for months. Let her pick the cake.
9. Get down on one knee because two is begging.
8. It’s okay to punctuate her “Yes” with an end-zone dance.
7. If not certain, never propose in public.
6. Do not propose with a karaoke mic.
5. Do not hide the ring in food, of any kind.
4. You may have found each other online, but it doesn’t mean you should buy a ring there.
3. Size isn’t everything. There’s also the color, cut and clarity.
2. You still ask for her parents’ blessing. If you’re paying for the wedding, you don’t care what the answer is.
1. Love shines with a ring from Sundance.
Got a new rule? Let us know!
Tell us your I DO's and I DONT'S we love to hear the knowledge you all gain from your maybe not so perfect journey to marriage